Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blog Post #14

     I think that the book I am reading, "Sharp Objects", touches on a lot of different issues.  As I talked about in my last post about this book, it talks about crime, family, issues in people's lives, etc.  I notice that the book is written in the main character's voice, Camille Preaker.

     Not a lot has happened in the book, Camille is still in Wind Gap and she is talking more about her life when she is little, she is also meeting new people and creating new friendships, which I think she needs and is good for her.

     Camille has been talking more about her childhood.  To me, it seems like her childhood was not that good.  Many people would think that because her family was rich, she would have been spoiled and have a great childhood, but that was not the case.  Camille's sister died when Camille was young.  I think that Camille has trouble expressing her feelings and emotions.  I can tell that she really misses her sister.  Also, Camille talks about how she wasn't really popular or liked until she started 'carving' words into her body.  Camille explained this and why she did it.  I believe that Camille had a passion for words and things that people said.  She said that she would write down every word anyone said to her.  After she did not have any more paper in her books, she started 'carving' words into her body.

     I think that what Camille was doing was very dangerous.  I think that maybe the author can relate or knows someone who can relate to cutting yourself.  It seems like something important since most of one chapter described her childhood and how she would do that.  Camille never talks about her father, she has a step father and a half sister.  Camille doesn't seem to get along with her half sister, and I can see that seeing her half sister makes Camille think of her sister that died.  I know that Camille is very upset about her sister but I think that Camille should start looking at the positive in life.

     I think that this book is intended for an older audience.  I believe that because of the issues that are brought up and the wording in the book.  I am enjoying reading this book and I hope to finish it soon.  I can't wait to see what happens!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment