Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Blogpost #10: Deadly Little Secret

     In the book, "Deadly Little Secret" new issues are starting.  Other then the rumors now there are threats and secrets involved.  Camelia is beginning to receive threat letters.  Those letters are making her act differently and making her act scared.  Nobody knows who the letters are coming from.  The person who the letters are from have also broke into her house and went into her room.  She wants to tell her parents, but she doesnt want to burden them since they are already going through other problems.

     Camelia started receiving the letters once she met Ben and began talking to him.  Before that, she was fine and her life was normal.  Camelia's friends are getting very worried for her.  She has gotten letters that talked about how the person is watching her.  One letter said "I'm closer than you think".  I think that the person who is writing the letters is trying to scare Camelia.  Along with the letters, she has also received gifts.  No one knew that she had wanted a certain pair of pajamas except for Kimmie, her best friend.  The gift was also ripped up when the person broke in to Camelia's house.

     I think that Camelia should tell someone about what is happening to her.  Ben, the supposed murderer of the school, told her that she should call the police.  Camelia didn't want to call the police.  When she was going to tell her parents, her parents told her that it wasn't a good time.  Camelia told Kimmie and Wes, her friends about some of the stuff, but not the most important parts.  Kimmie was home alone and she heard something and someone at the door.  She was very afraid and worried because of all that was happening.  Kimmie came to the door and told Camelia it was her.  But after camelia had entered her room she relized that someone had been inside her room and Kimmie said it wasn't her.

     Ben and Camelia are starting to get closer.  Ben told her that he could see the past and future of people's lives by touch.  That is called psychometric, which is the sense of things through touch.  At first Kimmie didn't believbe him.  But then he touched her and told her something about her past that made her believe him.  Ben said that when he touched her, he saw her laying on the floor, dead.  After that was when Camelia had started receiving the letters.  Kimmie and Wes think that it is Ben who is sending her all the letters and pictures and gifts.  They don't trust Ben, but Camelia does.

     I think that the person who is sending Camelia everything is Kimmie.  Kimmie has been there when most of the things happened.  Kimmie knew which pajams Camelia wanted because they went shopping together.  Also Kimmie wasn't there when all of the pictures were taken of Camelia.  Lastly, Kimmie was at Caemlia's house when someone supposedly broke in.  That is why I think that Kimmie is the one who is sending Camelia the threats.

     This book is still trying to relate with issues in the world.  Now the author is also including threats, friendship, secrets, and family.  All of those topics are very relatable to people.  I think that the author is trying to make the book relatable to all of its readers.  In conclusion, I think that the issues discussed in the book are very important.

2 comments:

  1. I think that Camelia should have told her parents because the issue can become even worse and those threats might become into do's. The fact that she is hiding it from her parents doesn't reduce the fact that she has guaranteed safety. The person that is sending her threats might go through with their plan and if there is no one to look out for her than she is not safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should put more of your opinion into your posts, instead of just a retell. I think your post is mostly a retell. Next time you write a post, I think you should tell us more about your thoughts on this book and how it relates to the world. Maybe only use one paragraph for a short retell then write about your thoughts. But great effort!!!

    ReplyDelete